Varsity Football Games Summary:
Vista Murrieta 43 Great Oak 3 (Southwestern League)
Vista Murrieta 7 23 3 10 43
Great Oak 3 0 0 0 3
Vista Murrieta Bronco highlights:
- Senior quarterback Coltin Gerhart rushed for 110 yards on eight carries with two touchdowns. He was eight of 13 for 86 yards and one TD in the passing department.
- Sophomore Kyle Williams caught three passes for 31 yards and a touchdown.
- Junior Tito Feliciano rushed eight times for 80 yards and two touchdowns.
- Senior Curtis Bolton matched his season-high for tackles with 12, ten solo.
- Senior Randy Beggs had 11 tackles, seven solo.
- Junior Brandon Worthy had nine tackles, 5 solo.
- An impressive 26 different Broncos recorded at least one tackle during the game.
- Greg Hoyd sacked the Great Oak quarterback twice.
- BYU-bound senior, Tyler Cook and Bolton each recorded one sack.
- Cook and fellow senior Kenneth Wilson recovered one fumble each.
- Aaron Ruth was five for five for PATs bringing his season total to 48 of 49.
Record: 2-0 League (6-1 Overall)
Next up: At home this Friday versus the Murrieta Valley Nighthawks, who are 1-1 in league (5-2 overall).
Murrieta Valley 30 Murrieta Mesa 27 (Southwestern League)
Murrieta Valley 0 13 7 10 30
Murrieta Mesa 0 13 14 0 27
Murrieta Valley Nighthawk highlights:
Offensive and kicking statistics for the Nighthawks were not available at the time of publication at maxpreps.com.
- Junior Tyler Landis recorded 11 tackles, ten solo.
- Sophomore Campbell Sawyer had nine tackles, four solo.
- Junior Mickey Sarner and Sawyer each sacked the Ram quarterback once.
- Junior Cody Quinlan had two interceptions, one a pick-six.
- Senior Weston Brown had one interception.
Murrieta Mesa Ram highlights:
- Sophomore quarterback Peyton Uhl threw for 19 or 33 passes for 196 yards, four TDs and three interceptions.
- Uhl also rushed 11 times for 40 yards
- Junior Bryan Phan had only one carry, but it was a huge one for 40 yards.
- Uhl’s TD passes were distributed to four different receivers: senior Daniel Castro, junior Joseph Pinkava, sophomore Austen Salcedo and Phan.
- Junior Bryson Bridges had a game-, season- and career-high 15 tackles.
- Senior teammate Cire Moll was right there with 14 tackles of his own.
- Castro recorded ten tackles.
- Castro and fellow senior Wesley Scott each a sack of the Nighthawk QB.
- Castro didn’t stop there as he snagged an interception and ran it back 33 yards.
- Four Rams got a taste of returning kickoffs against the Nighthawks. Salcedo ran one back for 20 yards as did senior Davian Neitz. Sophomore Jorge Arrellano ran one back for 12 yards and Phan tallied one for six yards.
- Sophomore kicker, Mateo Thompson was three for four in PATs. Thompson is 15 of 17 this year and five of seven for field goals.
Record: 1-1 League (5-2 Overall)
Next up: MV travels east to Vista Murrieta this Friday versus the Visa Murrieta Broncos, who are 2-0 in league (6-1 overall).
Calvary Murrieta 7 Linfield Christian 28 (Ambassador League)
Calvary Murrieta 0 0 0 7 7
Linfield Christian 7 14 7 0 28
Calvary Murrieta Warriors highlights:
- Freshman QB Adam Schwab was six of 12 for 102 yards and 1 passing touchdown.
- Senior Matt Bofill caught two passes for 45 yards—one a 31 yarder.
- Junior Christian Redin had three receptions for 35 yards and a touchdown.
- Two defenders, sophomore Paul Brown and freshman Noah Korinek, recorded 11 tackles. Nine of Korinek’s tackles were solo while six were from Brown.
- Redin also picked off one interception.
- Senior Mike Zamora had one fumble recovery.
- Senior punter Eric Voss had eight punts on the night averaging 36-plus yards. His longest was a beauty—59 yards.
- Voss converted the Warrior’s lone PAT.
Record: 0-2 League (2-5 Overall)
Next up: The Warriors play Western Christian at Temescal Canyon High School this Friday. The Fighting Lancers are 2-0 in league (7-0 overall).