The Riverside County Registrar of Voters certified the results of the Nov. 6 election at 3:17 p.m. Monday, it was announced a short time ago.
The certified results have now been forwarded to the Riverside County Board of Supervisors, and requests for recounts are still possible.
Here are the certified results of the races watched in Murrieta, which can also be viewed at the Registrar of Voters website at www.voteinfo.net:
- Murrieta City Council, Two Seats: Paul Clay 19.01 percent, Dan Strick 4.08 percent, David Mueting 5.73 percent, Harry Ramos 23.31 percent (winner), Randon Lane 36.02 percent (winner), and Joel Phillips 11.84 percent
- Murrieta School Board, Three Seats: Margi Wray 18.11 percent, Ken Dickson 19.41 percent (winner), Paul Diffley 22.90 percent (winner), Barbara Muir 20.48 percent (winner), and Gregory Lee 19.10 percent
- MSJC Trustee, Area 5: Tom Ashley 65.04 percent (winner); Guy Romero 34.96 percent
- Measure N: A yes vote bans red-light cameras from Murrieta; a no vote keeps them in place. YES: 57.26 percent (winner); NO: 42.74 percent.
- 67th State Assembly District: Melissa Melendez 52.34 percent (winner); Phil Paule 47.66 percent
By law, a request for a recount must be filed with the Registrar of Voters office within five days after election results are certified, according to the Registrar's office. The deadline to request a recount is Dec. 3. The cost of a recount is paid for by the requestor.
For more information regarding the recount process, call the Registrar of Voters office at (951) 486-7330.