As we look ahead to November’s elections, Murrieta Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Sample Ballot: To see your sample ballot and polling location, enter your zipcode on the Riverside County Registrar of Voters' website.
- Register to Vote: The deadline to register to vote is Oct. 22. To register online, click here.
- Early Voting: You may vote early beginning Oct. 9 at the registrar's office, 2724 Gateway Drive in Riverside, or Oct. 26-28 at The Promenade in Temecula. Learn more about early voting here.
- Murrieta City Council (Candidates Paul Clay, Dan Strick, David Mueting, Harry Ramos, Randon Lane and Joel Phillips)
- Murrieta School Board (Candidates Margi Wray, Ken Dickson, Paul Diffley, Barbara Muir and Gregory Lee)
- MSJC Trustee, Area 5 (Candidates Tom Ashley and Guy Romero)
- State Assembly, District 67 (Candidates Melissa Melendez and Phil Paule)
- US Congress, District 42 (Candidates Michael Williamson, Dem.; and Ken Calvert, Rep.)
- US Senate (Candidates Dianne Feinstein, Dem.; and Elizabeth Emken Rep.)
- US President (Candidates Barack Obama, Dem.; Mitt Romney, Rep.; Jill Stein, Green; Thomas Hoefling, American Indep.; Gary Johnson, Libertar.; Roseanne Barr, Peace and Freedom)
- Measure N, Murrieta Red-Light Cameras (Shall the ordinance prohibiting automated traffic enforcement systems be adopted?)
Read about the propositions by clicking on the links below.
- Prop 30: Temporary Taxes to Fund Education. Guaranteed Local Public Safety Funding. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.
- Prop 32: Political Contributions by Payroll Deduction. Contributions to Candidates. Initiative Statute.
- Prop 33: Auto Insurance Companies. Prices Based on Driver's History of Insurance Coverage. Initiative Statute.
- Prop 34: Death Penalty. Initiative Statute.
- Prop 39: Tax Treatment for Multistate Businesses. Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency Funding. Initiative Statute.