Just before 10 a.m. Wednesday, the Murrieta Fire Department responded to the 24000 block of Troyes Lane for a report of a dryer fire that had spread inside the home and caused the woman to suffer burns, according to a news release.
"Upon the arrival of the first crew, the resident was quickly treated and transported to the local trauma center for care," said Murrieta firefighter/paramedic Matt Corelli.
Within 10 minutes of arrival, 17 firefighters were successful in stopping the spread of the fire, containing it to the laundry room, which was located next to the garage, Corelli said.
Damage to the home was estimated at $15,000.
Excessive lint buildup in the dryer was determined as the cause, though Murrieta Fire Department plans to continue its investigation.
"Residents are reminded to keep their lint filters and dryer vents clean to prevent incidents like this from occurring," Corelli said.