A 3-year-old boy was hospitalized Saturday when his family found him unconscious and were unable to awaken him, following his ingestion of medical marijuana, authorities said.
The child was found unresponsive about 10:20 a.m., at his home in the 24000 block of Cambria Lane, Murrieta police Sgt. Don Weller said.
It was unclear whether the boy had swallowed the drugs the night before or if he had awakened and gotten into the drugs as his relatives slept.
The sergeant told Patch that there were about six family members in the home when police arrived.
The boy was listed as stable but the investigation was continuing Saturday evening.