SUV Slams Into Murrieta Home, Rupturing Gas Line

Approximate location of crash.  Courtesy: Google Maps
Approximate location of crash. Courtesy: Google Maps

A vehicle slammed into a house in Murrieta, displacing its occupants and rupturing a natural gas line, authorities said Thursday.

The SUV struck the front of the single-family dwelling in the 23700 block of Via Madrid around 3:40 p.m. Wednesday, Murrieta Fire Department spokesman Matt Corelli told the Riverside Press-Enterprise.

Corelli said the driver suffered minor injuries, while the damage bill for the house was estimated at $25,000.

Corelli said city building and safety personnel decided the house was structurally compromised by the damage and was not safe for occupation.

There was no immediate indication from authorities if the driver would be charged.

– Reported by City News Service.

Steve Newman January 30, 2014 at 03:29 PM
That is too bad- wonder if it was a rental or owner occupied? Since the city condemned it, people can't live there. Hope the driver was insured.
Alek J Hidell January 30, 2014 at 06:44 PM
wouldnt matter if he was. Homeowners insurance has to pay
Steve Newman January 30, 2014 at 06:52 PM
In conjunction with auto- the auto caused the damage, homeowners will pay anything not covered by the auto.
Alek J Hidell January 30, 2014 at 07:04 PM
its not a "collision" you dunce. unless he hit a mobile home LOL
Gina January 30, 2014 at 07:16 PM
Alex, you are the dunce..... of course the auto insurance will have to pay... the car hit something.... it obviously was not the fault of the house.
Steve Newman January 30, 2014 at 07:20 PM
Gina- thank you.
Jeff Kleiner January 30, 2014 at 07:47 PM
Instead of going off like you know something fired LAPD boy....research is important instead of thinking you know everything, which you obviously don't. Your policy(s) will be examined to determine if you have coverage. The policies differ in what is offered. Let's look at the claims separately. Car accident claim The policy will be reviewed to determine if you have a policy that is current. A current policy means that you have paid your premiums and is not canceled or lapsed. Did you receive an injury when you had the collision? If so then you do have Accident Benefits coverage for immediate medical expenses which would include prescriptions, chiropractic, ambulance, lost wages, etc. Do you carry All Perils or Collision insurance? If you do then you have a claim for the damages to the vehicle. Do you have Loss of Use? If so then you will have a paid rental vehicle while yours is under repair. You will likely have to provide a credit card to the rental company even though it will be billed to the insurer. Did your vehicle have to be towed? The insurance company should pay any towing costs. The adjuster/examiner will contact you. An appraisal will be required. An appraiser may come to see the vehicle or you might take it to at least one repair shop for an estimate. The appraisal will be reviewed by the adjuster and a decision will be made to either repair or write off. You will be required to pay your deductible to the repair shop. This is your share of any loss. The insurance company pays the difference. This will be regarded as an at-fault claim and can affect your driving record. House damage claim The policy will be reviewed to determine if you have a policy that is current. As in the auto situation show above, this is a check to be sure your policy has not been canceled or lapsed. Your claim will be assigned to an adjuster/examiner who will contact you. If you have your auto insurance and your home insurance with the same insurance company then you may be able to negotiate only one deductible for both claims. Talk to your agent or broker about this request. The broker may make the request on your behalf. Is the damage and/or repair work serious enough to affect the quality of life for the people living in the house? If it is then you may need to use some additional living expense coverage to temporarily relocate. Once the damage has been repair you move back to the house. Was there property destroyed other then the house? If so then you need to complete a form provided by the adjuster. this form is very important in that you must be as accurate as possible in regards to values. This is an area where there can be serious implications resulting in a claim being denied and people even being charged for fraud. So discuss this carefully with your adjuster or appraiser if you have any questions. This will be regarded as a claim and can affect your claims-free discount.
Alek J Hidell January 30, 2014 at 08:05 PM
you missed your calling insurance boy, reminds me of that obnoxious guy in Groundhog Day
Mike January 30, 2014 at 09:17 PM
Gee Jeff, I feel so smart now!
Steve Newman January 31, 2014 at 04:02 PM
Mike- didn't I say "in conjunction with the auto policy"? Like I have said. Kleiner trolls the Patch- sees my name and jumps in. He believes in the old saying if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull shit. And he has more of one than the other- you decide.
Steve Newman January 31, 2014 at 06:01 PM
Talk about a cut and paste epidemic. Not an original thought in his head- except personal attacks, but they get repeated over, and over, and over- till you get immune. You really are an embarrassment kleiner, to the human race and your family.
Jeff Kleiner January 31, 2014 at 06:36 PM
Lets see.....it seems your last two posts came after my posts, not answering me but stalking me, as Stevie Newman and his bloated cow troll the internet and personally attack me.....


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »