Rape, Molestation Trial Set for Ex-Firefighter

William Robert Bolduc, 57, a former Chula Vista firefighter accused in the 2009 rape of his fiancee in Murrieta, also faces charges of molesting his two former stepchildren.

An Aug. 13 trial date was confirmed today for a former firefighter accused of raping his fiancee and sexually abusing his ex-wife's two small children.

William Robert Bolduc, 57, could face life in prison if convicted of two counts each of of a child under 10 years old, as well as .

The Riverside County District Attorney's Office submitted motions to have the cases involving the children and the the adult victim consolidated, and during a hearing today before Superior Court Judge Kelly Hansen, the prosecution's request was granted.

The judge set the August trial date after both sides agreed to begin preparing to litigate the case. Bolduc remains in custody at the Southwest Detention Center in Murrieta in lieu of $3 million bail.

According to prosecutors, early last year, Bolduc's former stepson and stepdaughter—whose identities were not released—revealed to family members that he allegedly had molested them when they all lived under the same roof in Quail Valley, near Perris, in 2004 and 2005.

The girl was around 3 or 4 years old at the time, and her brother was 5 or 6.

The boy alleged Bolduc fondled him, while his sister alleged the defendant groped her and forced her to touch him intimately.

Laura Bolduc testified she initiated divorce proceedings in 2006 after the defendant allegedly became "physically and sexually abusive," Deputy District Attorney Sean Crandell told City News Service in April.

Bolduc, who retired from the Chula Vista Fire Department in 2010 after 18 years on the job, is separately charged with sexually assaulting his then- fiancee in December 2009.

The alleged assault occurred after the victim, whose identity was not released, underwent oral surgery and Bolduc took her back to her Murrieta home, according to an arrest warrant affidavit filed by Murrieta police Detective Andrew Dorcas.

The woman had been heavily sedated for the procedure and was barely conscious as the anesthesia wore off over several hours, according to court papers.

Dorcas said the victim recalled hearing a camera phone clicking and being vaguely aware that her clothes were being removed and replaced.

She told the detective that after awakening, she had pain associated with sexual activity.

Several days later, the victim took Bolduc's mobile phone to an electronics shop and had two dozen recently erased images restored. According to Dorcas, the pictures showed the woman on her stomach, nude, and the defendant allegedly violating her.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »