1. The temperatures are on the rise, according to the National Weather Service. Thursday is expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 92. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies with a low around 63.
2. Celebrate what makes Murrieta great! Beginning at 4:30 p.m., the will be hosting a press conference at Station No. 2, 40060 California Oaks Road, to present three members of the community with American Heart Life Saver Awards. Due to the quick, decisive, and organized assistance these three people gave, along with a rapid response with advanced medical personnel and equipment, two members of the community are alive today. The Murrieta Fire Department asks the community to acknowledge the three individuals who acted heroically by attending the press conference. For more information, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: mac n' cheese. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. A Child's Attic, 24710 Washington Ave., offers a Free Story and Music Time every Thursday morning beginning at 10:30 a.m. Bring the little ones and enjoy a fun interactive story time that incorporates music and actions for your child’s enjoyment.
5. Seniors, take a break from the heat with an ice cream social beginning at 1 p.m. at the Murrieta Senior Center, 41717 Juniper Street. This is a free event open to all seniors. For more information, click here.