1. The heat will continue to rise, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 93. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies and a low around 62.
2. Looking for something to do on a Friday night? Come beat the heat and have a “sesh” at the Cal Oaks Skate Park tonight. Held on the last Friday of each month, the park is lit up and open for skating until 10 p.m. Pre-packaged candy and drinks are available for purchase. Door prizes are given away and mini competitions happen throughout the night. Admission for members is $3, non-members is $5. For more information, such as the skate park rules, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a drumstick. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Tonight is Lock-In Night at Mulligan Family Fun Center from 8 p.m. to midnight. For $20 admission, those between 11 to 16 years old can use the Video Arcade (excluding redemption games), Mini Golf, Rock Wall, Tea Cups, Go-Karts and Lazer Tag. Pre-sale tickets are available at Mulligan Family Fun Center or can be purchased online. For more information and tickets, click here.
5. The valley's longest running cartooning workshop returns to Murrieta in October, with a fun session of "Food Toons.” Those ages 8-13 years old will draw their favorites and learn to create their own unique characters, with professional Cartoonist, Brian Manning. The event takes place at the Murrieta Senior Center, 5 Town Square. Space does fill up fast; early registration is recommended. For more information and to register, click here.