1. The heat is on the rise again, according to the National Weather Service. Patchy fog is forecast before 11 a.m.; otherwise, today is expected to be sunny with a high near 90. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low around 60.
2. The City of Murrieta Community Services Department is looking for vendors for its second annual Community Flea Market. The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6 in the Murrieta Senior Center parking lot, 5 Town Square. Spaces cost $15, or rent two spots for $25. Citizens were urged to clean out their garages and rooms, and bring all their old treasures to this community event. Businesses are welcome, but only one type of business from each spot is allowed. Vendors must provide their own canopies, tables and chairs. Registration must done in person at the Murrieta Senior Center. For more information call 951-304-7275, ext. 6652.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a hamburger. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. A Child's Attic, 24710 Washington Ave., offers a Free Story and Music Time every Thursday morning beginning at 10:30 a.m. Bring the little ones and enjoy a fun interactive story time that incorporates music and actions for your child’s enjoyment.
5. Get your money’s worth today with a family night out and a free buffet! Tonight at Asia Seafood Buffet, 39825 Alta Murrieta Drive, buy one adult entrée and get one kid's meal free.