1. There will be a chance of drizzle before 11 a.m. and after 11 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be mostly cloudy with a gradual clearing, with a high near 78. Tonight, expect mostly cloudy skies and a low around 50.
2. Get your showers early! There will be a scheduled water shut down today between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., according to the Rancho California Water District. The shut down will affect parts of Mountain Pride Drive and Red Clover Circle. For more information, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: tostada bowl. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Every Tuesday at 11 a.m. Reading Cinemas at Cal Oaks 17 presents the "Crybaby Matinee." Relax and enjoy a movie without worrying about unexpected tantrums or feedings in the dark; they keep the lights dimmed and the sound volume down. Baby-changing tables and stroller valet are also provided for the convenience of our parents. Showing today: “Trouble With the Curve” (R) starring Clint Eastwood.
5. Today Pump It Up, 41785 Elm St., is hosting one of its weekly playtime sessions. "Pop in" for a morning spent jumping around and sliding down their giant inflatable bouncers. Socks are required and calling ahead to make a reservation is preferred. Parents are free and children are $7. Those under 2 are free! For more information or to make a reservation call 951-677-1933.