1. Patchy fog is expected before 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Today will be partly sunny with a high near 78. This Halloween night, expect increasing clouds, patchy fog after 11 p.m. and a low nearing 49.
2. Patch is seeking the best Halloween costume in America, and wants to give that person $5,000. National judges will choose 21 finalists from each Patch state and select one grand prize winner based on who has the most creative and innovative costume. Each state finalist will receive $250 and one grand prize winner will receive $5,000. If your costume is the best in California and will put all others to shame, enter our contest by Nov. 1. Learn more and upload a photo of you or your child in costume by clicking here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: orange chicken and brown rice. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Patients of Murrieta Orthodontics, 39755 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, Suite D-140, are invited to participate in their Halloween Costume Contest! Visit the office dressed in your best costume to take a photo and be entered in the contest. All patients and their families are welcome.
5. It's like trick-or-treat for grown-ups! Chipotle is offering burritos, bowls, salads, or an order of tacos for only $2 for customers who come in costume for dinner between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. Proceeds from the traditional Boorito event will help support the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation, which promotes sustainable and healthful food sources. The foundation also works to raise awareness of food issues. Make sure to take a photo of your fine costumed self inside or in front of the Chipotle restaurant and enter it into the Chipotle Costume Contest. The grand prize winner will get $2,500.