1. There is a hazardous weather outlook forewarning of hot and dry weather, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be sunny with a high near 95. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low around 59.
2. Join the Murrieta Chamber of Commerce for a Candidate Forum beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Murrieta Mesa High School, 24801 Monroe Ave. The forum will feature candidates for the upcoming Murrieta City Council election Nov. 6. The purpose of the candidate’s forum is to provide an opportunity for the residents and businesses of Murrieta to get to know the individuals in the race. The event will be moderated by John Hunneman, a Murrieta resident and columnist with The Californian. As of Tuesday, five of the six candidates, Randon Lane, David Mueting, Joel Phillips, Dan Strick and Harry Ramos, had confirmed their attendance.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a soft taco. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Make tonight a family night out at Big Cheese Pizza, where every Wednesday night kids eat free. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., those ages 10 and under eat free with an adult meal purchase. Big Cheese Pizza is located at 41080 California Oaks Road.
5. UltraStar Cinemas in Temecula is offering a parent movie morning. This is a weekly program that allows new moms and dads to get out and see a current film without having to leave their baby at home or worry about their little one disturbing other guests. Beginning at 10 a.m. at 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, features include valet stroller parking, dimmed lights, reduced volume and changing facilities in the auditorium. Todays feature: “Won’t Back Down” (PG).