1. The beginning of the week will be nice, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 86. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low around 51.
2. Located across from Murrieta Town Square in the Farmstead Market is set to open 10 a.m. today. The market boasts a full grocery line of natural-organic products such as hormone-free and free-range meat, as well a selection of fresh produce, some of which comes from local farms. There is also a coffee and juice bar that will open at 6 a.m. daily; an outdoor eating area; a full service kitchen and bakery; a wide variety of cheeses; and a selection of beer and wine. The first 100 women who shop at Farmstead Monday will get a rose. There will also be some other giveaways such as reusable grocery bags. T
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Join Isvara Yoga, 29940 Hunter Rd.,every Monday and Wednesday at 6 p.m. for its donation-based yoga classes. This is a pay-what-you-can open level class focusing on basic yoga postures and breathing. Building on the breath and proper body alignment allowing the body to relax and embrace the positive effects of yoga.
5. The Animal Friends of the Valleys is continuing its participation in the "Stop and Adopt" ASPCA campaign Rachael Ray challenge. They are asking anyone considering a new pet, stop by the shelter and see if adoption is right for your family. For more information, click here.