1. It will be slightly warmer, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 90. Tonight, expect clear skies with a low around 54.
2. To mark October as Fire Prevention Month, the Murrieta Fire Department is hosting its annual open house. Between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. today, the public is invited to Murrieta Fire Station No. 2, 40060 California Oaks Road. There will be free hot dogs, displays, tours, fire safety education and demonstrations.
3. Leaves and pumpkins, games and tunes join the city of Murrieta and mingle under the moon at the annual Fall Festival. Admission is free, however it costs $3 for a wristband for unlimited access to carnival games. Food, music and other entertainment will be on hand. The event runs from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at California Oaks Sports Park on Cal Oaks Road. Sorry, no dogs are allowed at the park during this special event
4. If you are in the mood for pizza, head to Maxx Pizza Co. will be hosting a Halloween Extravaganza for children of all ages on today beginning at noon. This indoor will include an outdoor Halloween petting zoo (until 4 p.m.), kids activities, Lil' Miss Short Cakes food truck and a Halloween movie marathon. Those who attend are welcome to dress in costume. Between noon and 8 p.m., the restaurant will be donating 20 percent of its proceeds to the Million Dollar Park Fundrasier for Pioneer Park in Historic Downtown Murrieta.
5. Join Promenade Temecula for its “Paws on the Promenade Spooktacular” event, a special fundraising dog parade and costume contest benefiting local shelter animals, today beginning at 3 p.m. This Spooktacular pooch event will include a pet parade, monster mash green screen photos, treat bags, vendor booths, and of course, pet adoptions! Bring your four-legged friends down to Promenade Temecula’s outdoor plaza dressed in their best, and participate in fun costume contests including: Best Pet/Guardian Look Alike, Best Stroller & Wagon, Best Celebrity Look Alike, and Best Costume.