1. It will be slightly warmer, according to the National Weather Service. There is red flag warning in effect due to high winds that may gust up to 30 mph. Otherwise, today will be sunny with a high near 89. Tonight, expect clear skies with a low around 50.
2. Bring your family to Alta Murrieta Elementary's Annual Fall Festival beginning at 5 p.m. Children's wristbands are $6 and adults are free. Carnival games, a bungee trampoline, a giant slide, an obstacle course and family entertainment are included with admission. Big Red's BBQ and Los Gordas Tacos as well as kettle corn, baked goods, funnel cakes and smoothies will be available for purchase.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a grilled drumstick and SunChips. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Tonight is Lock-In Night at Mulligan Family Fun Center from 8 p.m. to midnight. For $20 admission, those between 11 to 16 years old can use the Video Arcade (excluding redemption games), Mini Golf, Rock Wall, Tea Cups, Go-Karts and Lazer Tag. Pre-sale tickets are available at Mulligan Family Fun Center or can be purchased online. For more information and tickets, click here.
5. The Mahood family of Murrieta invites the community to "Keep the Nightmare Alive" by visting their haunted house. Beginning at 7 p.m. at 24394 Sagecrest Drive in Murrieta, tonight is opening night for the family's annual haunted house. The event will also be held Saturday and Sunday nights, and Halloween night.