1. The sun will make an appearance, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 84, but winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low around 53, with wind gust as high as 30 mph.
2. A Child's Attic, 24710 Washington Ave., offers a Free Story and Music Time every Thursday morning beginning at 10:30 a.m. Bring the little ones and enjoy a fun interactive story time that incorporates music and actions for your child’s enjoyment.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a chicken burger. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Get your money’s worth today with a family night out and a free buffet! Tonight at Asia Seafood Buffet, 39825 Alta Murrieta Drive, buy one adult entrée and get one kid's meal free
5. Today Pump It Up, 41785 Elm St., is hosting one of its weekly playtime sessions. "Pop in" for a morning spent jumping around and sliding down their giant inflatable bouncers. Socks are required and calling ahead to make a reservation is preferred. Parents are free and children are $7. Those under 2 are free! For more information or to make a reservation call 951-677-1933.