1. Sunday brings a 20 percent chance of rain throughout the day, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high near 68. Tonight expect a low of 52.
2. Head to Reading Cinemas at Cal Oaks for its “Forty Foot Films” movie night. “It is Hitchcocktober;" on the agenda tonight: “Vertigo.” Tickets to each show are $7.50. Social hour begins at 6 p.m.; the films start at 6:30 p.m.
3. Head down to the Animal Friend’s of the Valleys, 33751 Mission Trail, Wildomar, beginning at noon for Hoedown for the Homeless Animals. There will be food for $5 per plate, music, fun and animals looking for a furrever home. The first 25 families to adopt will have their adoption fees waived, pending application approval.
4. UltraStar Cinemas in Temecula is offering a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m., 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. The feature for October: “Traintastic Adventures: Chuggin Town.” For more information, click here.
5. Look for lots of pink today at Promenade Temecula. Komen Inland Empire Race for the Cure begins at 6:30 a.m. Susan G. Komen fought breast cancer with her heart, body and soul. Throughout her diagnosis, treatments, and endless days in the hospital, she spent her time thinking of ways to make life better for other women battling breast cancer instead of worrying about her own situation. Moved by Susan’s compassion for others and commitment to making a difference, Nancy G. Brinker promised her sister that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer. Though Susan lost her battle with the disease, her legacy lives on through the work of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the organization Nancy started in her honor. Good luck to all the participants and beware of pedestrians if traveling through the area.