1. There is a 40 percent chance of showers before 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be partly sunny with a high near 70. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies and a low around 48.
2. Take in a live theater performance tonight in Murrieta. “Go Fly a Kite—The Wit and Wisdom of Benjamin Franklin,” featuring Mel Chadwick, begins at 8 p.m. at the Black Swan Theatre, 41655 Reagan Way, Suite H. The event repeats Saturday. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a grilled drumstick and wheat roll. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Superintendent Pat Kelley invites the community to attend a forum from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Murrieta Valley Unified School District support center, 41870 McAlby Court. Kelley, who became superintendent Oct. 1, hopes to meet members of the public and share with them his hopes for the district and the budget challenges faced.
5. A Sugar Skull Workshop, a Dia De Los Muertos tradition, will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Murrieta Community Center, 41810 Juniper St. Admission is $15 residents and $18 for non-residents. For more information and to puchase your tickets, click here.