1. There is an 80 percent chance of rain today, according to the National Weather Service. Showers and thunderstorms are likely throughout the day. Some of the storms could produce small hail, gusty winds and frequent lightning. The high will be near 66. Tonight, expect a low around 49.
2. The Murrieta Valley Unified School District will hold a budget workshop at 5 p.m. at Murrieta Mesa High School's Gerswhin Performing Arts Center, 24801 Monroe Avenue. The public is encouraged to attend. There will be a financial presentation for the school board and they will discuss the district’s projected deficit for 2013-2014 and the major areas they may need to consider for next year depending on the outcome of the tax initiatives on the November ballot. Then at 7 p.m., the board will hold its regular meeting, during which it is expected to approve Superintendent Pat Kelley's employment contract. To read the full agenda, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: cheese bosco stick. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Head to Maxx Pizza Co. for a family movie night beginning at 7 p.m. The event is free and open to all.
5. For those who want to catch a movie, but worry about taking the baby, worry no more. UltraStar in Temecula is holding a Baby’s Night Out. This is a monthly program that provides a baby-friendly setting for new parents to comfortably bring their infants to the movies. Beginning at 7 p.m., the lights will dim just enough so that new parents can see and care for their infants. The volume is adjusted to avoid loud, startling noises. Changing tables will be available in the auditorium so that parents won’t miss a scene during diaper changes. Located at 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, tonight's showing is ”Taken2” (R).