1. Patchy fog is expected before 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be mostly cloudy with a high near 64. There is a 30 percent chance of rain after 4 p.m., increasing to a 60 percent chance in the evening. A low of 48 is expected.
2. If you are up early, join the Murrieta Chamber of Commerce for their networking breakfast at RJ’s Sizzlin’ Steer. Beginning at 7:30 a.m., bring your business cards and get to know other professionals in the area. Located at 41401 Kalmia St., admission is $20 for current members and $25 for potential members.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: chicken burger. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Check out J. Carter’s Tavern Grill, 40365 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, for its open mic night! Beginning at 8 p.m., share your latest poetry, comedy or whatever else you want to express. The event is free and open to all.
5. For those who want to catch a movie, but worry about taking the baby, worry no more: UltraStar in Temecula is holding a Baby’s Night Out. This is a monthly program that provides a baby-friendly setting for new parents to comfortably bring their infants to the movies. Beginning at 7 p.m., the lights will dim just enough so that new parents can see and care for their infants. The volume is adjusted to avoid loud, startling noises. Changing tables will be available in the auditorium so that parents won’t miss a scene during diaper changes. Located at 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, tonight's showing is ”Argo.”