1. It will be another beautiful day, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 82. Tonight, expect patch fog after 10 p.m., clear skies and a low hovering around 66.
2. Dog lovers and vicarious thrill seekers of all ages are invited to participate in the Adventures of Dog Sledding program with Adventure Quest Institute today at 4 p.m. in the Murrieta Library’s Community Room. This exciting program uses media, hands-on displays, and is highlighted by live interaction with working sled dogs from champion Iditarod kennels. For more information, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Make it a family night out at Big Cheese Pizza, where every Wednesday evening kids eat free. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., those ages 10 and younger eat free with an adult meal purchase. Big Cheese Pizza is located at 41080 California Oaks Road.
5. A Murrieta Planning Commission meeting is scheduled for tonight at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 1 Town Square, 24601 Jefferson Ave. On the agenda tonight: a Development Plan to construct and establish a Senior Living Campus. For more information, click here.