1. It will be another beautiful day, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 89. This evening expect clear skies with a low hovering around 50.
2. Murrieta City Council meets at 5 p.m. at One Town Square for a workshop regarding whether to maintain the prohibition of outdoor advertising displays such as billboards, or to consider a change that would allow for new, relocated, and/or modified outdoor displays to be considered. At 6 p.m., city council will adjourn to attend the Field of Honor candlelight ceremony. At 6:15, the meeting will continue for community presentations and council member reports. Then at 7 p.m., council will vote on agenda items such as a reorganization of Murrieta Valley Cemetery District boundaries. To see the full agenda, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Teriyaki Chicken Bowl. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Join the Murrieta Public Library for Family Storytime, an interactive half-hour program of books, songs and activities. Kids and parents can wear their pajamas to the new series of evening storytimes offered on the first Tuesday night of every month at 7 p.m. in the Murrieta Library’s Community Room. Family Storytime is free and open to the public.
5. Every week at 11 a.m. Reading Cinemas presents the "Crybaby Matinee." Relax and enjoy a movie without worrying about unexpected tantrums or feedings in the dark; they keep the lights dimmed and the sound volume down. Baby-changing tables and stroller valet are also provided for the convenience of parents. Showing today: “Chasing Mavericks" (PG).
ELECTION DAY: Stay with Murrieta Patch for election day and night coverage. Follow our local coverage and find state and federal results here.