1. There is a 40 percent chance of showers, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be mostly cloudy with a high around 66. Tonight, there is a 40 percent chance of showers, mostly cloudy skies and a low around 49.
2. The city of Murrieta and Waste Management are hosting a Community Cleanup today from 8 a.m. to noon. This free event is open to all Murrieta residents and city employees. Residents and employees can bring all of their bulky waste items—except household hazardous waste—to the corner of 2nd and Kalmia Street and dispose of them for free. A document shredding company will also be on hand to provide confidential, secure shredding. Additionally, for those who participate, a community barbecue will take place starting at noon at Meadowridge Park on Hancock Avenue.
3. The Murrieta Valley Girls Softball Association will hold its closing ceremonies beginning at noon at Cal Oaks Sports Park. Apromimately 400 girls will be recognized. The event is free and open to all.
4. The fourth annual "Share the Harvest" Thanksgiving Dinner and Fall Festival will be held from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Murrieta Mesa High School. The free event that is designed to help those in the community who are challenged economically is also open to all. The school is located at 24801 Monroe Ave. in Murrieta. The dinner will consist of turkey and stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, pie, rolls and drinks. The festival will include activity booths, jump houses and crafts for children. There will be entertainment, including the Murrieta Mesa HS Jazz Band, choir and other ensembles.
5. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Lakeshore Learning Center, kids can create a Thanksgiving Turkey Collage. Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.