1. It will be slightly cooler, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be partly sunny with a high near 72. Tonight, there is a 20 percent chance of showers, mostly cloudy skies and a low around 44.
2. Head to Brunswick Cal Oaks Bowl, 40440 California Oaks Road, for some bowling fun. Cosmic Bowling takes place from midnight to 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Music, laser lights, black lights and glow-in-the-dark features all make Cosmic Bowling nights out of this world.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: mini corn dogs. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Ryan’s Comics, 25021 Madison Ave., is hosting a Magic 2013 launch party tonight beginning at 7 p.m. There will be a free standard construction tournament and $10 drafts. Sign-ups begin at 6:30 p.m. Prizes will also be awarded.
5. Temecula Performing Arts Co. in association with Fine Arts Network Theatre Co. will debut Disney’s "Mulan Jr." at 7:30 p.m. at Old Town Temecula Community Theater, 42051 Main St. This popular tale created by Disney follows the adventures of female heroine, Mulan as she defies her family and her fate to seek out the life she wants to live and in doing so, ultimately saves her family and her country. Part of the Young Stars Program, "Mulan Jr." is performed by an all youth cast. Filled with classic Disney tunes and wonderful dancing, Mulan is a great show for families and filled with hope and inspiration. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.