1. It will be another warm one, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 80. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies with a low around 45.
2. Take the little ones to story time today at the Murrieta Public Library. Wee Wigglers Story Time, for children ages 3 to 5, begins at 10:10 a.m. At 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. there is Mother Goose and Me, an on-the-lap story time designed for infants to 3-year-olds.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: bean and cheese burrito. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. U.S. Army Sgt. Clinton K. Ruiz of Murrieta lost his life while serving in Afghanistan. He is survived by his wife and their one-year old son, Caleb. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., stop by Chick-fil-A at Madison Avenue, Murrieta. Based on the evening sales, Chick-fil-A will make a donation to the trust fund that has been set up for Ruiz's family.
5. Wednesday night's regularly scheduled meeting of the Murrieta Planning Commission has been canceled, according to a notice issued Nov. 7 by the city of Murrieta. The next regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday Nov. 28 at Murrieta City Hall.