1. The sun will shine anew, according to the National Weather Service. Tuesday will be sunny with a high near 82. Tuesday night, expect mostly clear skies and a low around 43.
2. Have you ever thought about volunteering at the Library? There will be a volunteer orientation from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. tonight at the Murrieta Public Library. The session is for adults, as well as youth 16 years or older. The class is on a first-come, first-serve basis, as there are only 20 spots. Those who wish to attend the orientation should arrive early and ask for a ticket from the Adult Reference Desk. The Library is located at 8 Town Square, near the southeast corner of Adams Avenue and Kalmia Street.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: French bread pepperoni pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Every week at 11 a.m. Reading Cinemas presents the "Crybaby Matinee." Relax and enjoy a movie without worrying about unexpected tantrums or feedings in the dark; they keep the lights dimmed and the sound volume down. Baby-changing tables and stroller valet are also provided for the convenience of our parents. Showing today: “Fun Size," rated PG-13.
5. Join Chick-fil-A for its “Family Fun Night” between 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. tonight. On tonight’s agenda: Cow Heroes Comic Night. Each child will get to make and decorate their own. Materials will be provided. Located at 24794 Madison Ave., the event is free.