1. This Veterans Day expect patchy frost before 10 a.m. , according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be sunny with a high near 66. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low around 48.
2. In honor of Veterans Day, post offices, banks and many federal government offices are closed and there is no school for students.
3. Pechanga Resort & Casino invites all veterans and active-duty service members to enjoy a free meal from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. today at its buffet. Valid Military or veteran identification must be shown.
4. Pump it Up, 41785 Elm St., is hosting a special fundraising event to benefit the 3-year old son of Shanae Wesley, 23, who died on Halloween after a fire broke out in her apartment complex. The event will not be until Nov. 29, however, space is limited and reservations must be made. The men and women of the Murrieta Police Officers Association have opened a trust fund for Wesley’s son and 70 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the trust. Admission is $10 per child and includes unlimited play in both arenas, pizza and drinks. To reserve your child’s spot, call 951-677-1933.
5. The Animal Friends of the Valleys is continuing their participation in the "Stop and Adopt" ASPCA campaign Rachael Ray challenge. They are asking anyone considering a new pet, stop by the shelter and see if adoption is right for your family. For more information, click here.