1. There is a 30 percent chance of showers, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be mostly sunny with a high near 60. Tonight, expect patchy frost after 10 p.m., mostly clear skies and a low hovering near 39.
2. There are a host of activities today at the Murrieta Field of Honor at Town Square Park. A Military Expo is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Information and resources will be available for Military families past, present and future. There is even an opportunity for free shredding. Then at noon, there will be a celebration of the U.S. Marines 237th birthday, complete with cake cutting. At 2 p.m., Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Mike “Majik” Boyd headlines an American Soldier concert. The Sunshine Generation will also perform.
3. Career expert and author Patricia Dorch will share strategies and tips on getting hired as a new college graduate today beginning at 2 p.m. in the Murrieta Library’s Community Room. This interactive and informative workshop will assist new college graduates in developing the necessary competitive edge that will impress potential employers and result in obtaining a great new job. Participants at the Workshop will receive a free Job & Career Resources brochure. This event is free and open to public. Space is limited; tickets will be handed out 30 minutes prior to the event. For more information, click here.
4. The Inland Valley Business and Community Foundation is hosting its annual Family Fall Festival beginning at 10 .m. at the Murrieta Spectrum, 25125 Madison Ave., Suite 105. General admission for this event is $5 admission per person with a free admission for kids 12 and under. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event for prizes ranging from $10 to $500 in value, donated by many businesses in the community. As with all IVBCF events, proceeds will go to a local community organization. This year’s recipient will be Oak Grove Center for Education and the Arts; In addition to vendors, this event features a wide range of entertainment and performance exhibitions by local performing artists and youth activity organizations, and a fashion show. For more information, click here.
5. The Temecula Dance Company, 29955 Technology Drive in Murrieta, is hosting its second annual Holiday Boutique between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Benefitting the Make A Difference Foundation, their will be free dance lessons and a jolly jump for the kids while you shop! Over 30 vendors will be on hand along with raffles and snacks.