1. The sun will shine bright, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high around 68. Tonight, there will be mostly clear skies and a low around 39.
2. Watch the top spellers from the Murrieta Valley Unified School District go head to head tonight in the district spelling bee. The action begins at 6 p.m. in the multipurpose room at Thompson Middle School, 24040 Hayes Ave. The two top spellers in grades fourth through eighth from each of the district’s eleven elementary schools and four middle schools will attempt to win the honor of representing the district at the Riverside County Spelling Bee on March 20 at the Moreno Valley Conference and Recreation Center. The winner of last year’s Bee, Shruti Amin, won the Riverside County Spelling Bee and went on to compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: orange chicken with rice. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Get ready for another morning story time at the Murrieta Public Library. Wee Wigglers Story Time, for children ages 3 to 5, begins at 10:10 a.m. At 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. there is Mother Goose and Me, an on-the-lap story time designed for infants to 3-year-olds.
5. The Arts Council Menifee will hold auditions for Mystery Dinner production “Death Plays a role” tonight at 7 p.m. at the Center for Spiritual Living, 26805 Murrieta Road, Menifee. There are roles for five women and two men between the ages of 40 and 70. The mystery dinner will be held on March 15 and 17 at Kay Ceniceros Center in Menifee.
BONUS TIP: Make tonight a family night out at Big Cheese Pizza, where every Wednesday night kids eat free. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., those ages 10 and under eat free with an adult meal purchase. Big Cheese Pizza is at 41080 California Oaks Road.