1. It will be another sunny day in Murrieta, according to the National Weather Service. Today brings mostly skies with a high near 75. Tonight, it will be partly cloudy with a low around 45.
2. The beginning of February marks “Love your Library Month." The Library invites the community to celebrate this occasion by bringing canned food to the Library during the whole month of February. For each canned good brought in, $1 of owed fines will be waived up to a maximum of $10. Love your Library Month is celebrated during the month in public, school and private libraries nationwide. Read the full article here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Make plans now to shop a Community Flea Market from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2 in the parking lot of the Murrieta Senior Center, 5 Town Square. Organized by the City of Murrieta Community Services Department, there will be numerous vendors selling new, used and handmade items.
5. Make it a girls—or guys—night out for karaoke each Friday at Buffalo Wild Wings, 40484 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, next to Sam's Club. Belt out your favorite tunes while enjoying a drink, snacks or dinner with friends.