1. The beginning of the week brings a high wind warning, according to the National Weather Service. Gusts up to 20 mph were forecast. Otherwise, it will be sunny with a high around 74. Tonight, there will be clear skies and a low around 45.
2. Elementary and middle school students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District are on an early release schedule today and high schoolers will have a late start. Parents, check your child's school website, as release times differ. Motorists, beware of students walking and earlier-than-usual traffic near schools.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a corn dog. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Murrieta Public Library invites children between the ages of three and 12 to design their own tree with tasty treats in a holiday craft beginning at 4 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Get their early; tickets will be handed out 30 minutes prior to the event, which is limited to 60 children.
5. Santa will be visiting many location in Murrieta beginning tonight through Dec. 19. To check where the nearest location is on Santa’s route, click here.