1. A 40 percent chance of rain was forecast, mainly before 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today will be partly sunny with a high around 69. Tonight, there is a slight chance of rain along with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 53.
2. St. Martha Catholic Church’s annual Festival of St. Nicholas begins today at 9 a.m. This farmers market and holiday bazaar will include free pony rides, a petting zoo and children's crafts. Held at St. Martha Catholic Church, 37200 Whitewood Road, the event is free and open to the public.
3. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Lakeshore Learning Center, kids can create a rain or shine mobile. Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.
4. Head to Brunswick Cal Oaks Bowl, 40440 California Oaks Road, for some bowling fun. Cosmic Bowling takes place on Fridays and Saturdays late night, from midnight to 2 a.m. Enjoy music, laser lights, black lights and glow-in-the-dark features all make Cosmic Bowling nights out of this world.
5. Temeku Cinemas, 26463 Ynez Road in Temecula, will host a private showing of "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" (PG) this morning for children with autism and other special needs. To accommodate those with special needs, the sound will be lowered, the lights dimmed and there will be no previews. Those with a special diet will be allowed gluten-free snacks. Admission is $3.50 per person or purchase a $6 ticket that includes a kid's snack combo. Gluten-free or casein-free snacks will be allowed. Open to all, the doors open at 8:30 a.m. and the movie begins at 9 a.m.