1. There is a 30 percent of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be partly sunny with a high near 94. Tonight, there is also a 30 percent chance of showers, partly cloudy skies and a low around 66.
2. Head tofor their “Forty Foot Films” movie night. On the agenda tonight: “The Great Escape” (1963). In this film, allied prisoners of war plan for several hundred of their number to escape from a German camp during World War II. Programs include trivia and prizes. Tickets to each show are $7.50. Social hour begins at 6 p.m.; the films start at 6:30 p.m.
3. Head to Old Town Temecula for a trip to the Old West at 28314 Mercedes Street. Dust off your boots, don your cowboy hat, and come on down to the Temecula Valley Museum to view their new temporary exhibit “Temecula and The Old West!” The exhibit celebrates American “Wild Western” clothing that developed in the 19th Century as an amalgamation of European and Native American attire. The uniquely colorful and interesting clothing worn by people on the frontier first captured the public imagination in the 1880’s, and has been an influence on fashion ever since. The exhibit ends on Sept. 16.
4. Head to in Murrieta for its weekly Yu-Gi-Oh! Swiss Tournament. All participants will receive Turbo Packs equal to entry fee for Konami Sanctioned tournaments Admission is $5; tournament times begin at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
5. is offering a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m., 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. The feature for September: “The Gruffalo’s Child” narrated by Helena Bonham Carter.