1. There is a 20 percent of showers today, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 97. Tonight, there is a 30 percent chance of showers, partly cloudy skies and a low around 66.
2. The Murrieta Mud Run has arrived! The start line is at the corner of B Street and Adams Avenue by the Murrieta Public Library and Senior Center, with the finish line adjacent to the Library. Beware of detours, heavier traffic and pedestrians during the event. Also, for those who brave the mud—or who plan to enjoy watching others get buried in the muck—send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in a photo gallery.
3. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at , kids can create an apple basket—a bushel-shaped basket that kids can fill with all the apples they can color! Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.
4. For the fisherman in your life, today is a free Fishing Day! The Department of Fish and Games offers two free fishing days each year. On these days, you can fish without having to buy a sport fishing license. Free fishing days provide a great, low cost way to give fishing a try. For more information, click here.
5. For the car enthusiast, Lake Elsinore Motorsports Park presents the Lucas Oil AMA Motocross Nationals at the Lake Elsinore Motorsports park, 31919 Cereal Street, Lake Elsinore. Admission is $10 per person. For more information, click here.