1. It will be slightly cooler, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 96. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies and a low around 64.
2. The fourth annual College and Vocational Invitational will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today at Promenade Temecula mall, 40820 Winchester Road, Temecula. This free event provides high school and college students of the Temecula Valley an opportunity to speak with representatives about their transfer options. Don't miss this opportunity to explore your future.
3. Between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. at Lakeshore Learning Center, kids can create an autumn tree collage with all the colors of the season. Located at 24420 Village Walk Place, the activity is free and materials will be provided. Get there early, as it is first come first serve.
4. For those who play sports: on game day, any child who comes in wearing their team uniform will receive a free kids meal at Submarina. Children must be 12 or younger and must be present at time of purchase. This special offer is valid for the month of September at California Oaks and Wildomar locations only. Restrictions apply. For more information, click here.
5. The city of Murrieta's inaugural Food Truck Fest isn’t until October, however, tickets are going fast! The Murrieta Food Truck Festival is being hosted by the Community Services Department as a way to fund-raise for the new Youth Center currently under construction at California Oaks Sports Park. Dozens of gourmet food trucks will be on hand to serve unique dishes out of a rolling restaurant, according to the news release. Additionally, there will also be a beer garden, live music and a kid zone.