1. It will only be slightly cooler, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 100. Tonight, expect patchy fog after 11 p.m. Otherwise, there will be partly cloudy skies and a low around 63.
2. Every Friday, enjoy the French Valley Market. Between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., stop by this open-air market for fresh produce, food, crafters, vendors, entertainment and more. Held at Rancho Bella Vista/ French Valley Park, 31757 Browning Street, the event is free.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Galaxy cheese pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Ryan’s Comics, 25021 Madison Ave., is hosting a Magic 2013 launch party tonight beginning at 7 p.m. There will be a free standard construction tournament and $10 drafts. Sign-ups will begin at 6:30 p.m. Prizes will also be awarded.
5. Head to Brunswick Cal Oaks Bowl, 40440 California Oaks Road, for some bowling fun. Cosmic Bowling takes place from midnight to 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Music, laser lights, black lights and glow-in-the-dark features all make Cosmic Bowling nights out of this world.