1. It will be slightly cooler, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 96. Tonight, expect clear skies and a low around 63.
2. Animal Friends of the Valleys is continuing its participation in the "Stop and Adopt" ASPCA campaign Rachael Ray challenge with a barbecue. Between noon and 4 p.m. today, enjoy hot dogs, chips and a drink for $5. Anyone who is considering a new pet is asked to stop by the shelter, at 33751 Mission Trail in Wildomar, and see if adoption is right for your family. For more information, click here.
3. Head to Old Town Temecula for their last trip to the Old West at 28314 Mercedes Street. Dust off your boots, don your cowboy hat, and come on down to the Temecula Valley Museum to view their new temporary exhibit “Temecula and The Old West!” The exhibit celebrates American “Wild Western” clothing that developed in the 19th Century as an amalgamation of European and Native American attire. The uniquely colorful and interesting clothing worn by people on the frontier first captured the public imagination in the 1880s, and has been an influence on fashion ever since. This event ends tonight.
4. For those who play sports: on game day, any child who comes in wearing their team uniform will receive a free kids meal at Submarina. Children must be 12 or younger and must be present at time of purchase. This special offer is valid for the month of September at California Oaks and Wildomar locations only. Restrictions apply. For more information, click here.
5. UltraStar Cinemas in Temecula is offering a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m., 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. The feature for September: “The Gruffalo’s Child,” narrated by Helena Bonham Carter.