1. The heat won’t be letting up any time soon, according to the National Weather Service. Except for drizzle before 11 a.m., today is expected to be sunny with a high near 92. Tonight, expect clear skies and a low around 65.
2. For those looking for employment, Loma Linda University Medical Center-Murrieta is looking to fill three full-time positions in their laboratory department. The announcement was made yesterday via their Facebook page. For more information on the position and to apply, click here.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: Teriyaki chicken bowl. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The city of Murrieta's inaugural Food Truck Fest isn’t until October, however, tickets are going fast! The Murrieta Food Truck Festival is being hosted by the Community Services Department as a way to fund-raise for the . Dozens of gourmet food trucks will be on hand to serve unique dishes out of a rolling restaurant, according to the news release. Additionally, there will also be a beer garden, live music and a kid zone.
5. Make tonight a family night out at , where every Wednesday night kids eat free. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., those ages 10 and under eat free with an adult meal purchase. Big Cheese Pizza is located at 41080 California Oaks Road.