1. It will be another hot one according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 97. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies and a low around 59.
2. The Friends of the Murrieta Library meet at 10 a.m. in the Murrieta Library Community Room. After a brief business meeting, a Literary Panel of Senior Writers will share their interest in writing. The event is free and open to the public.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: bean and cheese burrito. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Join the Democratic Club of Southwest Riverside County for an Obama/Romney debate viewing party beginning at 6 p.m. at the Regional Democratic Headquarters, 40250 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, Suite 103, in Murrieta. Arrive early and to participate in the potluck, bring something to share. This event is free and open to all.
5. The Murrieta City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting at 6 p.m. at. Agenda includes adoption of the city's legislative platform for the current fiscal year; a discussion on the allocation of community development block grants; and a proclamation honoring Maris Strombergs, a 2008 and 2012 Olympic gold medalist in BMX cycling who resides in Murrieta.