1. It will be considerably hotter, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be sunny with a high near 93. Tonight, expect clear skies and a low around 57.
2. Head to Reading Cinemas at Cal Oaks for its “Forty Foot Films” movie night. “It is Hitchcocktober;" on the agenda tonight: “North by Northwest.” Tickets to each show are $7.50. Social hour begins at 6 p.m.; the films start at 6:30 p.m.
3. Buy local by stopping at the Murrieta Certified Farmers' Market between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at 24500 Village Walk Place. Find fresh fruits and veggies as well as baked goods and handmade items.
4. Head to Petco in Murrieta for its “Meet the Critters” event featuring the guinea pigs! Beginning at 1 p.m., get a hands-on experience and learn about guinea pigs and other small animals. This is a free event and those of all ages are welcome. For more information, click here.
5. UltraStar Cinemas in Temecula is offering a Kid Toons Family Matinee. This is a weekly program that provides families with G-Rated entertainment. Beginning at 10:30 a.m., 27531 Ynez Road in Temecula, admission is $2.50. The feature for October: “Traintastic Adventures: Chuggin Town.” For more information, click here.