1. It will be cooler today, according to the National Weather Service. Today will be sunny with a high near 93. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low near 56.
2. Support the for the arts by singing your heart out! Head to ., where they will be hosting a karaoke fundraiser. For a donation of $2 per song, you can showcase your talent, have fun and support the PTA Reflections Program for the Arts. In addition, 25 percent of all food sales will be donated to the Reflections Program. For more information contact: MVCPTA@gmail.com
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: pepperoni pizza pocket. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. The Murrieta Valley Unified School District has announced on its website it will now require a senior exit interview beginning with the graduating class of 2013. In order for students to obtain a diploma, they will need to complete a presentation on their personal career/life goals. For more information on the exit interview and process, click here.
5. The is hosting an inventors and entrepreneurs society meeting from 8 a.m to 10 a.m. Monday Oct. 17 at the , Eight Town Square, 24700 Adams Ave, and they are almost at capacity! Fifty seats are still available for this free event, however, so reserve your spot today. This group will become a focus group intended to help Murrieta understand the needs of inventors and entrepreneurs and how to better serve and attract more like-minded people to the region. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 951-461-6003 to reserve your spot.
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: The Riverside County Transportation Commission, the California Department of Transportation and the are working to widen Interstate 215 to six lanes between Murrieta Hot Springs and Scott roads. The speed limit on I-215 through this area is now 55 mph for the duration of the project; traffic fines are doubled for those caught speeding. For more information and construction updates, click here.