1. There is a dense fog advisory in effect until 10 a.m. Otherwise, scattered showers were forecast for Murrieta, with a 40 percent chance of rain, according to the National Weather Service. Today's high was expected to be 66. Tonight, a chance of rain remains. The overnight low was expected to be 48.
2. Gates open at 5:45 p.m. for Vista Murrieta High School's home football game against Corona Centennial. The Broncos are seeking to defend their CIF Southern Section Inland Division championship title. General admission is $9. Admission if $5 for students with a valid high school ID and children under 13 years old. Tickets are available at the Vista Murrieta box office, 28251 Clinton Keith Road, beginning at 5:45 p.m., according to the school's website. Come out and cheer for the home team!
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a soft taco. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Join Mulligan Family Fun Center for a benefit to raise funds for the 3-year-old son of deceased Shanae Wesley. Tickets for this event are $5 and can be purchased in advance at the Murrieta Police Department, Waterstone Apartments or Hospice of the Valleys or at the door. For an additional $3, Mulligan is offering a "super slice" of pizza and a soda.
5. Ryan’s Comics, 25021 Madison Ave., is hosting a Magic 2013 launch party tonight beginning at 7 p.m. There will be a free standard construction tournament and $10 drafts. Sign-ups will begin at 6:30 p.m. Prizes will also be awarded.