1. There is a 50 percent chance of showers mainly before 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high near 69. Tonight, there is a 30 percent chance of rain accompanied by mostly cloudy skies and a low around 44.
2. Tickets are still available for a benefit Friday at Mulligan Family Fun Center for a 3-year-old Murrieta boy whose mother died in an Oct. 31 apartment fire. Murrieta Police Officers Association has set up an educational trust fund account for the son of Shanae Wesley; the Mulligan event is one of several planned to raise money for the fund. For $5, guests will enjoy unlimited miniature golf, laser tag, go carts, rock wall and kiddie zone from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets for Friday's event are only available at the front counter of the Murrieta Police Department.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a corn dog. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. A Child's Attic, 24710 Washington Ave., offers free story and music time at 10:30 a.m. every Thursday morning. Bring the little ones and enjoy a fun interactive story time that incorporates music and actions for your child’s enjoyment.
5. Check out J. Carter’s Tavern Grill, 40365 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, for its open mic night! Beginning at 8 p.m., share your latest poetry, comedy or whatever else you want to express. The event is free and open to all.