1. There is a 30 percent chance of rain mainly after 4 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, patchy fog is expected before 10 a.m. followed by mostly cloudy skies and a high temperature near 68. Tonight, the chance of rain remains at 30 percent, with a low temperature around 47.
2. Take the little ones to story time today at the Murrieta Public Library. Wee Wigglers Story Time, for children ages 3 to 5, begins at 10:10 a.m. At 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. there is Mother Goose and Me, an on-the-lap story time designed for infants to 3 year olds.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: orange chicken and brown rice. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. A Murrieta Planning Commission meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. at One Town Square. During the meeting, a public hearing will be held regarding California Veterinary Specialists' application to open an 11,000-square-foot 24-hour veterinary hospital at 39809 Avenida Acacias, Suite E, in the Murrieta Crossings center.
5. Make tonight a family night out at Big Cheese Pizza, where every Wednesday night kids eat free. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., those ages 10 and under eat free with an adult meal purchase. Big Cheese Pizza is at 41080 California Oaks Road.