1. There a chance of drizzle before 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny with a high near 75. Tonight, expect patchy fog after 11 p.m., partly cloudy skies and a low around 50.
2. The public is invited to line Kalmia Steet between Jefferson and Adams avenues to pay tribute to U.S. Army Sgt. Clinton Ruiz of Murrieta, who was killed Oct. 25 in Afghanistan. A motorcade accompanying Ruiz' remains is expected to trave west on Kalmia Street between 12:45 p.m. and 1 p.m. Stay with Patch in the event the schedule changes.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: grilled cheese. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Head to Brunswick Cal Oaks Bowl, 40440 California Oaks Road, for some bowling fun. Cosmic Bowling takes place from midnight to 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Music, laser lights, black lights and glow-in-the-dark features all make Cosmic Bowling nights out of this world.
5. Every Friday, enjoy the French Valley Market. Between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., stop by this open-air market for fresh produce, food, crafters, vendors, entertainment and more. Held at Rancho Bella Vista/ French Valley Park, 31757 Browning St., the event is free.