1. There will be patchy fog before 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today is expected to be cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny with a high near 73. Tonight, expect a chance of drizzle after 11 p.m., mostly cloudy skies and a low around 50.
2. A Child's Attic, 24710 Washington Ave., offers free story and music time at 10:30 a.m. every Thursday morning. Bring the little ones and enjoy a fun interactive story time that incorporates music and actions for your child’s enjoyment.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: French bread pepperoni pizza. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Loma Linda University Medical Center-Murrieta is hosting the Murrieta Chamber of Commerce's Monthly Business Mixer at 5:30 p.m. The networking event for local businesspeople is free to attend. Bring your business cards and enjoy food and drinks courtesy of LLUMC-Murrieta, 28062 Baxter Road. There are also chances to win prizes.
5. Check out J. Carter’s Tavern Grill, 40365 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, for its open mic night! Beginning at 8 p.m., share your latest poetry, comedy or whatever else you want to express. The event is free and open to all.