1. A 30 percent chance of rain after 10 a.m. increases to 90 percent tonight, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect mostly cloudy skies with a high near 58. Tonight, expect clouds, rain and a chance o thunder with a low around 41.
2. Murrieta Mesa High School Performing Arts is performing the musical "Bye Bye Birdie," about a 1960s rock singer who gets drafted for war. Showtime is 7 p.m. in the Gershwin Performing Arts Center, 24801 Monroe Ave. General admission is $10. The show repeats through March 16, with matinee performances on Saturdays.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a corn dog. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Today Pump It Up, 41785 Elm St., Murrieta is hosting one of its weekly playtime sessions. "Pop in" for a morning spent jumping around and sliding down their giant inflatable bouncers. Socks are required and calling ahead to make a reservation is preferred. Parents are free and children are $7. Those under 2 are free! For more information or to make a reservation call 951-677-1933.
5. It's Thursday and that means J. Carter's Tavern Grill is hosting Open Mic Night. The event, featuring the local musicians in an open mic environment, runs from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at 40365 Murrieta Hot Springs Road.