1. There is a 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 4 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, today expect mostly cloudy skies and a high near 60. The chance of continues into tonight, which will bring cloudy skies and a low around 44.
2. Murrieta City Councilman Harry Ramos invites consituents to have lunch or coffee with him during a casual gathering beginning at noon at 29950 Hunter Road.
3. Murrieta Lunch with Friends, held every Wednesday at noon, will take place today at Jalepenos Mexican Restaurant, 29992 Hunter Road. The charge is $10 per person. The purpose of Murrieta Lunch with Friends is to expose the group to restaurants in Murrieta, to bring in a good lunch crowd for Murrieta restaurants, and to make some new lunch-time friends. For more information, visit this Facebook page.
4. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: orange chicken with rice. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
5. It's morning story time at the Murrieta Public Library. Wee Wigglers Story Time, for children ages 3 to 5, begins at 10:10 a.m. At 10:15 a.m. and 11 a.m. there is Mother Goose and Me, an on-the-lap story time designed for infants to 3-year-olds .