1. It could be windier than usual, according to the National Weather Service. Winds are expected to pick up in the afternoon, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Otherwise, today expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 72. Tonight, expect fog after 11 p.m., mostly cloudy skies and a low around 44.
2. Calling all photographers or moms and dads with fancy cameras! The city of Murrieta is looking for pictures of your beautiful city, in particular, its parks, recreation classes or special events. Go to Murrieta.org/yourshot to submit your photos for the Community Services Department to use to promote Murrieta. Depending on submissions received, photographs may be chosen to be on the cover of future recreation brochures.
3. Here's what's for lunch today at elementary schools in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District: a hamburger. Lunches are served with a fresh fruit/salad bar and a choice of juice or milk. Lunches average about 658 calories and 16.29 percent fat. To see middle and high school menus, click here.
4. Kids 4-12 can still earn coupons for In-N-Out by participating in the Murrieta Public Library's Cover to Cover Reading Program, which is happening through April 13. For more information, click here.
5. It's Thursday and that means J. Carter's Tavern Grill is hosting Open Mic Night with Brett Cohen and the Luv Buckit. The event, featuring the local musicians in an open mic environment, runs from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. at 40365 Murrieta Hot Springs Road.